User Manual - Web Conferencing
The Events Manager
Web Conferencing is a collection of tools that are bolted into the existing Events Manager. All of the capabilities of scheduling, attendee management, meeting initiation and joining come along with it.
If you're not familiar with the Events Manager, we encourage you to start their first, and familiarize yourself with it's capabilities.
Web Conferencing features
Some of the more notable features include:
- Video conferencing allowing multiple users to share their web cameras
- Two-way audio sharing
- Ability to present PDFs, PowerPoint, Word Documents, external videos, and more
- Screen sharing
- White boards
- Annotation on your presentations (draw lines, type text, shapes, etc)
- Instant messaging, both public discussion and direct/private messaging
- Breakout rooms
- Recording and playback of your conference
- Ability for external users to participate in your events
Web Conferencing integration with the LMS
- Ability to schedule conferences
- Attendee management, controlling who is invited or enrolled in the event including sign up approvals
- Email notifications and reminders of your upcoming conferences
- Calendar integration
- Ability for Facilitators to see who joined and participated in the meeting
- Ability for Managers and/or Facilitators to mark whether a user has attended and completed the conference or was absent
- Reporting on the completion status of conferences
- Integration within the user's transcript
- The ability to have your conference recorded allowing users to playback the video at a later date
- Ability for Facilitators to create entire video libraries and curriculum for future consumption
Creating a Web Conference
The process of creating a Web Conference is identical to any other Event. You would define the event parameters, the date and time, and who you would like to invite.
Along with the event parameters, you have the ability to define options for the event as a whole, or those specific to your web conference.
You may choose to record the conference, which would include all of the videos, the audio, and the slide presentation . With this recording you can choose to have it automatically created into a Communication for later viewing. You can also decide if you want to allow external (non-users) to participate in the meeting.
Joining a conference
Once the Event has been created and you've confirmed your attendance, you will be presented with the option of participating in this web conference by clicking on the Join icon.
Setting up your audio/video
When launching the conferencing application, you will be presented with the option of sharing your audio and video devices for this event. In sharing your devices, you may be presented with permissions request asking you to allow or deny access to your web browser.
You may choose to participate in a Listen Only capacity, or to activate your microphone and join in two-way communication.
Having configured your audio/visual devices, you will be presented with the web conferencing application and its features.
You will notice towards the bottom of your screen, a number of conference options depending on your level of permissions. These include the ability to share your screen, turn on/off your camera and microphone, create polls, and the ability to upload presentations such as PowerPoint slides or a PDF document.
Private and public chat
At any time, you can freely communicate via text with one or all of the participants within this event. This is helpful if you don't have a microphone, or to pose questions to the event facilitator without interrupting the flow of the conference.
You can direct message any participant by simply clicking on their name from the left menu containing the user list.
If recording has been enabled in the event options and you have the necessary permissions, you can choose to record your meeting by interacting with the Start recording button towards the top of your screen.
You may choose to start, stop, and resume your recording at any time.
Should you want to learn more about the Web Conferencing application and it's features, there are a series of tutorial videos that you can access.
As always, reach out to us for more information should you be interested!